Wednesday, September 10

Horrible Websites!

We have been talking a bit about website design today and effective ways to lay out  and sort information. This got me thinking about some of the horrible websites that I have come across and just what it is that makes them a bit yucky to use.

I have blogged before about the Melbourne Print Museum and how great I think it is but I would love to get my hands on the website and sort it out! There are just a few too many colours and all the blue hyperlinks are a bit of an eye-sore. It can become a bit of a maze and navigation between the pages can get tricky. It would be very much improved if there was a floating menu bar on each of the pages.

When I was younger I had a little bit of an obsession with cows and used to spend a lot of time in IT class playing this game. Reflecting back to the website now, however, I can see that it was a maze of information, and some entries could really do with being sorted chronologically. This said, the world would probably be a better place if this post was buried in the internet f o r e v e r.


I am also not a big fan of the AFL website, it is way too busy and has four header bars which completely defeats their purpose. I understand that they need to meet a heap of advertiser's demands but it tends to get clogged up and it is sometimes hard to tell what is AFL content and what will take you to external sites.

Here is a Buzzfeed article with a bunch of other horrific websites for your viewing displeasure...


No comments:

Post a Comment